Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A very rough weekend

My sister in law, Nicole, was in town from Colorado. It's about damn time she came in for a visit! But, anyway, we've been planning this visit for months and we were so excited about it. We had a very busy weekend ahead of us with all the family stuff planned. Friday night Nicole and I had plans to go out drinking...I haven't been out since CJ was probably 16 months old. So it's been awhile. Lee had offered, or rather was choosen, to be the designated driver. I had no CLUE what was in store for me. They say hindsight is 20/20...now I see why!

So, we started our night around 930p or so at Hooligans in Webster. It was a good place to start, and chill, but really, it was a lot like a high school reunion. Just way too many people I knew. And not people I was friends with ever. So down the road we went to Daisy Dukes, which was really lame if I may say so. A lot of very old people, who were pretty scary looking. We had a drink there then I got a text from my old drinking buddy saying she was downtown. It was a prefect opportunity to get silly b/c she never goes out anymore either. Nicole and I finally convinced Lee to drive to Pig and Whistle downtown and we met up with a few of my friends. It was a real great time apparently, b/c I don't remember much from that point on. I have no clue what I was drinking either... I've been told it was whatever Nicole was drinking! I remember doing a shot and then dancing with Nicole, and right at that moment she split her pants...no lie! I have never actually experienced this with someone....I mean, who splits their pants, honestly? I asked her for days how in the hell someone splits their pants. She said she was getting down to low while she was dancing. Well shit, the girl should've been a ballerina then b/c who gets that low at a dance club?? It was quite hysterical though. And I suppose this is a regular accurance for her b/c our Aunt Mimi said, "Oh Nicole, again?!"

The drive home was a complete blur and then Lee realized I didn't have my keys with me so we couldn't get in the house. So we had to search for a set of keys...brilliant, huh? I don't have a clue as to how I got upstairs, or how I got my jammies on, but I ended up puking my guts out and then passing out on the bathroom floor. I can remember Randy saying how gross it was, and in all honesty, it did NOT make me feel better. The room was still spinning like a mary go round and I still felt like absolute shit. CJ woke me up around 5am asking me why I was sleeping on the bathroom floor. I don't know what I said to him, but he thought he could curl up with me. I finally convinced my little man that we were better off in his bed, and before I knew it Ella was awake. Bright and early, calling for me at 6am!! I don't even think I got a full 3 hours of sleep. I'm pretty sure I was still tipsy when I got up to feed her. All I know is my head hurt like a freight train had ran it over and my stomach was trying to eat itself. It was not a good feeling. I vowed never to drink that much again. I am way too old for it and there's nothing like dealing with two rambunctious children while nursing a hangover. I admit, it was pretty stupid to lose control like that, b/c it's not like me at all. My kids always come first, but hey, what can I say? It was a rare opportunity to not have a child attached to my hip for once and I seized that moment. Thankfully, the rest of the day slowly got better, but sleep was calling my name. And food was too, but my stomach couldn't handle it. The hardest part was getting my ass motivated enough to pack 3 bags for me and the kids b/c we were going to my mother in law's for the weekend. We had a Pig Roast that night with some of their friends, and then Nicole's family party the next day. Ugh, what a horrible ride down to Honeoye!! I did eat my heart out finally, at the pig roast. So much good food I couldn't help myself. It did make me feel better too. But absolutely no drinking for me that night. Ella gave me quite the hard time about sleeping that night. And naturally, when we need it the most is when we don't get it. She was very restless all night long, and woke up a lot. I wouldn't have slept well anyway as long as I was in the same room as the kids. CJ is also very restless in his sleep and we were sharing a bed. Not to mention there is a fan going, a sound machine on right by my ear and a nightlight on. I am the type of person who needs absolute silence and darkness to sleep. Oh well. It was still fun. The best part is I got to enjoy the hot tub all by myself b/c I left the Pig Roast early. Gram, Cathy, Russ and CJ stayed till after dark b/c there were doing fireworks. Oh, and after CJ got home that night, he informed me he found the girl he's going to marry. Fiona...enough said!

The family party the next day was fun. More good food, and no drinking once again. I think I had one drink and then that was it for me. I was still tired, but caught my second wind when Nicole and I went out tubing. We had a blast, I got pretty banged up, but nothing beats the warm water and a boat ride.