Sunday, March 21, 2010

It just really gets my Goat!

I have some issues I will admit. I'm not perfect just like everyone else in the world. Sure, I like things done my way most of the time, who the hell doesn't? I try to be nice and treat people the way I'd like to be treated. The one thing I will NOT tolerate is someone who treats me like I'm less of a person than they are and then want me to treat them as gold in return.

Do you have anyone in your life like that?

I sure do! I'm sure we all do as a matter of fact. I won't tell you who it is, most of you that know me well know exactly who I'm talking about. It's the one person who, still, after all these years thinks they can walk into my house, ignore me and then call ME the bad person. This is the same person who could give a shit how much mud they track around my house (cause they know I'm the one cleaning it up, and apparently they're too good to take their shoes off most days), could give two shits how much they torture my children. I just don't like it. I don't like people who feel as if they walk on water. I don't need this in my life, I do my best to ignore it, but I will be damned if I'm going to feel like I owe them something, especially when it's in my own house. I will not be made to feel as if there's something wrong with me.

It's been a rough weekend, can ya tell???? A lot has gone on, and I'm hoping when I wake up tomorrow it will all be just a bad dream. A very, very bad dream.

So, Friday night Magellan actually put Ella to bed while I ran errands and took CJ to his open gym class at The Little Gym. About 10p, she woke up, screaming and was burning up. Actually her temp was 102.8 to be exact. She was not a happy lady, she only wanted to be snuggling up with me. Obviously the fever made me very nervous, given the fact she has MRSA. I did get her to lay back down, only to have her wake BACK up at midnight. So I turned on a movie in our little play area in the hallway upstairs, and I let her sit with me, eat crackers and drink some milk. She was such a happy girl, being with her momma after having taken some teething tablets and motrin.

And is it just me, or does it seem like this girl is CONSTANTLY teething? Her bottom molars just freaking came in, and now she's getting her incisors. Those are apparently the worst for her! With CJ, we didn't even know he got them until they broke thru the gums. Naturally Ella has her own way of doing things.

So, Ella was up for a good two hours. Yep, two hours. At 2am she finally was ready to go to bed, as was I. I'm sure you can all guess where Magellan was. Yup, fast asleep. Mothers have never ending jobs. She slept till 6am and I was way beyond exhausted when she woke up. Oh, I guess I forgot the part where we called her ped's after hours line b/c her high fever got us worried about her MRSA. But they said if she seems dehydrated and her fever gets above 104 to bring her in. But to call and get an appt in with her ped's office first thing Saturday morning. Thank GOD for Saturday hours. They do come in handy sometimes.

Anyway, I took Ella downstairs with me while Magellan slept in (BIG SHOCK THERE!), and she didn't leave my hip. Not for a second. I basically had to pee with her on my lap, poor thing was so warm again, she was drooling up a storm and screaming from the pain. She didn't want to eat or drink anything. I felt so bad for her, and she was so tired too. Four or five hours for a girl who normally sleeps for 12 is not good. Our appt was for 9am so all of us piled into the car and drove the 20 mins there. CJ kept us all entertained of course, and Ella just sat in her carseat, not making a noise.

The best part of the appt was seeing how much Ella weighed. The little heffer weighs 23.8lbs. And I think at her last appt which was early Feb she was 22lbs, so she's packing them on. But she's so tall she really doesn't have too much chub anymore. Anyway, they took her temp and it was at 101.2. Her ped felt strongly it wasn't a urinary track infection or from her MRSA. In fact, the only possibility we even think it is from is her incisors coming in. She tested negative for strep, didn't have an ear infection and her breathing sounded good. The dr thought maybe Roseola, but I'm pretty sure you can't get it again, and Ella already had it a year ago.

Saturday for dinner the kids and I (big shock Magellan stayed home) went to my aunt's to see my Grandfather who was in town from Virginia. He's getting old and not doing so well, so my mom really wanted him to see CJ and Ella. He has never seen them except for in pictures. And boy was he so impressed with them both. CJ sat right on Grandpa Bill's lap and they chatted up a storm (I could see it make my Grandpa so happy), but being that Ella was not feeling well, she wouldn't go near him. We had pizza and wings and still Ella didn't eat much. She only had 2 bites of pizza and a few pretzels. Oh, she did steal my Fresca though, the little soda junkie.

We got home around 7p and I dropped the kids off so I could run to the grocery store. I did help Magellan get Ella ready for bed, gave her all her drugs and I left. Ella actually slept all night long, probably till almost 630a. She's been getting progessively better as the day goes on, thank goodness. And when I put her to bed, she was back to her old self, being silly and laughing with me.

So here's hoping that my baby is done with the pain and sickies soon. Cause I really need to catch up on my beauty sleep!