I've been gone for awhile, but here is our 2010 Christmas Card. Well....one of them anyways! Enjoy and we'll catch up soon!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
I've been gone for awhile, but here is our 2010 Christmas Card. Well....one of them anyways! Enjoy and we'll catch up soon!
Posted by Queenb at 9:03 AM
Thursday, August 19, 2010
CJ is off at the lake with my in laws for the rest of the week. He left yesterday morning with his sweet Aunt Nicole who is visiting from Colorado for a week. Its a welcome break, but really good for him to get some family time in. I know him and I get sick of each other sometimes, though we would never admit it, LOL!
So it's just me and Ella until tomorrow afternoon. We'll be going down to the lake and spending the night to see Aunt Nicole before she leaves Saturday morning. We have some errands to run and then I MUST go to the gym. I skipped yesterday, just had way too much to do. I got my cavaties filled, it was an ok experience. I only needed novacaine on one side, the dr had to do a lot of drilling and I opted to not feel it this time. I didn't need any local or anything on the other side b/c the spot was so small....and of course I survived. I figured I could handle it after having 6 cortisone shots in my wrist, a broken wrist, a certain operation and other small problems! I'm a wreck I must say.
Magellan keeps saying in his next life he's going to do a health background check BEFORE he gets married....only b/c I'm a freak of nature. Anything that could possibly go wrong usually does with me. And speaking of going wrong.....I'm having an issue with one of the girls. For those of you who remember about my surgery a few months back. I'll be going back to see my surgeon in the next few weeks and maybe I will have more information for you all. Until then, stay tuned!
So as the days get closer to CJ going off to Kindergarten, I get a bit misty eyed. He is super excited, but boy I'm going to miss that kid and miss seeing how he interacts with the kids. Now I know how my mom always felt that first day I walked up the bus steps...so bittersweet. I know he'll do fine, I just can't help but miss our time together and his time with Ella. That girl is going to miss the heck out of her brother!
CJ currently has another VERY loose tooth. It may even be out before he goes to school! Then he really will be the toothless wonder. Ella can now put her shoes on by herself and does a lot of dressing herself these days. She has just started sitting super good for books. She will sit on your lap while you read at LEAST three or four books. She just loves it. But the books must be about Elmo or Thomas or she won't last. That's all she's interested in.
So that's enough of playing catch up! More tomorrow for 5 question Friday!!
Posted by Queenb at 8:29 AM
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Posted by Queenb at 7:44 AM
Thursday, August 12, 2010
Five Questions Friday (even tho it's not Friday, I'll be too busy to remember):
1. Have you ever visited a foreign country?
Sure have. Quite a few in fact....been to Mexico, Canada (when you live as close to it as I do, who hasn't?!), St Lucia, Bahamas, and Puerto Rico (in the airport)
2. Where is the strangest place you have ever been?
This is tough, cause I really don't have a clue. The most recent I can remember would have to be at the racetrack when I took a roadtrip with Magellan and his brother, who races Legends cars. He raced in Lancaster, and man were those SOME interesting folk down there....almost like a different country. Kind of creepy.
3. What is your favorite season?
Summer hands down! I love the warmer weather and all the things you can do. I love to swim, go on my in laws boat, water ski, go tubing, wear less clothing b/c I tend to sweat a bit more than normal people, and I can dress Ella in cute little dresses too!
4. What one song will always cheer you up?
Any Justin Bieber song...sorry I'm a sucker for those high notes and cheesy pop songs!
5. What Disney character do you resemble most?
Well, I guess if I had to pick I'd say Sleeping Beauty b/c I'm blonde with blue eyes and she sleeps for a long time, and I love to sleep. It's probably my favorite past time and I never get enough of it these days! Plus I love to dance!!
Posted by Queenb at 8:46 PM
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Posted by Queenb at 2:18 PM
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
I have decided that in blog world I should win the record for how long I can ignore my blog. I really did have a lot to say, I just didn't feel like saying it I guess. I've been more into spending time with the crazy kids, working out, getting some girl time in also, and trying to have date night once a week with Magellan. It sort of works out I guess. It's harder in the summer though with his massive work schedule.
So, to do some real quick updates, I am officially signed up for my college classes that will start in September. So not only will I have a Kindergartner but I will also be an almost full time student. I've decided to pile on the workload and take 1o credit hours, just 2 shy of what is considered full time. Why you ask am I so crazy? Probably b/c I want to be able to get done with school as quickly as possible. I don't want to be an old student forever, LOL! It's just not me.
Ella is now almost 22 months, can you freaking believe it?? I can't. She has grown up way too fast. She is amazingly strong and pretty advanced in the motor department. She can already do somersaults, spin in circles, pull herself up on the uneven bars in her gym class, jump down 3 steps, jump off of both feet, gallop, swim by herself with floaties, jump in the pool, loves to jetski and tube, and is basically a crazy, busy girl. She is still an awesome sleeper unless she's teething or sick, and is an absolute Daddy's girl! She just loves him to death, it's the cutest thing ever.
CJ is doing very well. He had his first visit to the dentist today and loved every minute of it. He even asked me when he could go back, the silly kid. He didn't even cry or get nervous at all. He had no cavaties, and basically surprised the heck out of me for being so darn grown up! He has two loose teeth now, and one of them should fall out any day now. He is still the goofiest little boy and loves to make us laugh, and is really beginning to enjoy Ella as she gets more playful. They are very cute together. Wait to see the photos I took of them! I will DEF share tomorrow, for Wordless Wednesdays. CJ has made great strides in the swim department. He can swim wihtout floaties now, jumps in the pool by himself, jumps off the diving board and loves to do cannonballs. He is much more sure of himself when he's in the water, it's amazing. He is currently taking Karate and is one of the star pupils. He really enjoys that.
Pee Wee has finally moved out of our garage. He moved in with some buddies of his. It will be a bit quieter around here now, LOL!
Magellan is busy as ever, and still getting a lot of calls for buildings, which is awesome. Hopefully we'll have another winter like last year; enough work to get us thru the slow season. Especially with me being in school now, we have an extra bill to pay. Joy! But the end result will be well worth it.
What am I going to school for you ask? A nurse, eventually I hope to get my RN, but the school I will be going to will help prepare me for my LPN. After I get that I will have to continue on if I choose to a 4 year school to get my RN. After all is said and done I really want to be a Labor & Delivery Nurse someday. Hopefully I can make that dream come true.
Posted by Queenb at 7:42 PM
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Well sort of I am...
I know it's been almost a month that I haven't blogged. Obviously y'all miss me or something, I miss you too. I wish I had something to write about, or had the energy or motivation to write. But sadly, these days I don't. I attribute it to the shitty weather that puts me in a funk, and the fact that I have had migraine after migraine, and all I do is watch the kids, and when they go to bed, I go to bed. Its been tough to say the least. But here are some updates I'm sure you've all been waiting for:
1. I had another appt with my hand dr, sometime in the beginning of April. My days all mesh together lately. I had been having pain again in my wrist and in my middle finger, that's called "trigger finger". I've already had two cortisone shots for it, so I didn't really think there was much the dr could do. Well, to my surprise he wanted to try one last shot and go from there. I also got a pretty little cortisone shot in my wrist too. Both hurt like hell, not gonna lie. And the comfort has been short lived. I still have my good days but also the bad days are back. Next step from here is surgery. At least for my trigger finger. It's a short 10 minute surgery, but still not looking forward to that. Next step for my wrist could be another shot and if that still doesn't help then they cut my wrist open, put a scope in to check the tendons out, and possibly cut off damaged tissue or scarred tissue. Sounds fun right? I should know more at my next check up which is next week.
2. Ella currently has both of her bottom incisors in! YAY!! 'Bout time, dammit. She's been working on those for at least a month now. She is back to sleeping semi good. Still 12 hours, but just recently started waking at 11p and 2am. Not good habits to get into, and she cries for someone, she isn't just waking and talking to herself. So, I've been letting her CIO, and so far so good. Well, for some of the nights. Last night was the first night she didn't wake up and cry. All she really wants is some milk, but I don't want her making that a habit either. She gets a sippy cup of water in her bed, but I guess that just isn't good enough sometimes.
3. Ella had her 18 month check up on April 12th. She's still a horse, can you freaking believe it?? I can't. I don't get it. She is 24lbs, in the 50th percentile, and is 33" tall! She's in the 85th percentile for that. I just keep looking back to CJ's baby book and his stats at 18 months was 21.12lbs and 33" tall. For a boy he was obviously very skinny and average height. Ella is almost out of all of her 18-24m clothes. I was just noticing that half the pants she owns no longer have any "slack" in them. They were a bit baggy but not anymore. And I've come to notice that Ella also has a very long torso. Where that comes from I will never know. She is still every bit a tomboy, she loves playing cars and dinosaurs, but loves dressing up in dresses and having her hair down. Oh and she is a true shoe hound now! She obsesses over her shoes, and if I don't let her pick them out for the day she has a tremendous temper tantrum! Sure takes after her mama in the shoe department.
3. CJ has about 2 months left of preschool. He recently had some testing done to see what he's learned through out the year and he is doing excellent. Out of 100 questions he only got 2 wrong, I could hardly believe it! They consider him to be in a 6-7 year old level, which is amazing. Can't believe how smart and old my baby is getting! So sad to think he will start Kindergarten in a few short months!
4. I am now the proud owner of a mini van. Yup, traded in the Explorer and got Chrysler Town and Country. I love it. It's awesome, has a ton of room in it, and the kids still have a DVD player in it. I think they like it even better b/c of where it's placed in the van. I just like the fact that the doors are automatic and slide. No more dings into someone else's door, courtesy of CJ. And no more assholes making it virtually impossible to get Ella into the Explorer b/c of the big bulky doors they had, which happened all the time b/c half the world can't park or stay in the lines! I highly suggest the Chrysler for anyone with more than one kid. I can actually put two diaper bags in the car and not have it look jam packed!! I also think the kids like it better b/c the windows are wider and longer and they can see out of them better. Ella still gets excited every time we pass a car or she sees a dog in someone's yard, even tho we've now had the van for almost a month!
5. I traded in my old wedding set for a new set, which most of you know via facebook. You've seen the pics. I'm still very happy with it! The only thing I still can't get used to is how big it is. My old set was very pretty and different but this one is more Karats. Randy actually chose this set, if you can believe that. I had a very pretty set all picked out, and Randy says to the sales girl, "Oh let me see that one. I hadn't noticed that one over there yet." First thing I said was, "Oh it's gonna look weird cause it's so big!" But it looks great with the wedding bands I picked out. I do two, one on the bottom and one on top. My old set had the diamond wedding band, and the top band was my birthstone, blue topaz. This one is just diamonds on both bands. I also switched to white gold, previously I had gold. I kind of like it better, I guess b/c it stands out more. But the most important part is I have a lifetime warranty on the diamonds. My previous set we got from a place that ended up going out of business a few years back, so of course if I happened to damage my set or lose a diamond we would've had to pay outright for it. And you all diamonds are pricey! So, it was a win-win I suppose. Leave it to Randy to HAVE to have the big and the best. But he did pick a good set tho!
6. I recently went to my normal dr for my migraines. They are getting worse and are coming at other times of the month than just when I get my period. It hasn't been fun. Not only was I out of medicine, but I hated the way my current meds were making me feel. It would make me super groggy, and then a few hours later would make me bounce off the walls, also making it impossible to sleep. So we talked about a few options, the first being that my dr put me on a prednisone, have no clue what it's called, which I am now taking 2x a day every day for a week, hoping to ward off the frequent tension headaches I get. Then we are trying Imitrex for when I do get migraines. The dr also said I had some very sore, tender pressure points that can cause inflammation in my neck and that contributes to migraines so he suggested PT and possibly cortisone shots in those spots. Not crazy about getting a shot in my neck or shoulder to be honest with you, makes me nervous too about the spots it would go in. So hopefully that's a last resort.
Well, I guess that's about it! I'll try and be more diligent about updates and pictures!! Sorry!
Posted by Queenb at 11:30 AM